For a low-fat, high flavor dessert, try this recipe for Peach Sherbet. It's cold, smooth and delicious... I really think you'll like it.
1 3⁄4 Pound, cut into quarters
3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)
Light corn syrup
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
Fresh lemon juice
Low fat buttermilk
1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)
Low fat milk
1 Cup (16 tbs)
Non iodized salt
1. In a saucepan, add peaches and sugar, cook on medium heat for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Transfer to a blender, and blend for 45 seconds to get a pureed consistency.
3. In a sauce pan, strain the puree, stirring with the spatula.Allow to rest of 10 minutes.
4. Add the remaining ingredients and whisk nicely. Refrigerate for 30 to 35 minutes.
5. In an ice cream maker, blend for 30 minutes or according to the machine instructions.
6. Store refrigerated in an air tight container.
7. Serve in dessert glasses and garnish with peach slice.
If you have been missing your peach desserts, here is a low fat Peach Sherbet by Chef Scott who is making this delicious dessert using buttermilk. The whole idea behind making peach sherbet at home is it allows you to choose your own ingredients and you can actually use high quality ingredients which you cannot get from a store bought ice-cream. The process of making Low Fat Peach Sherbet is very simple and you would probably get the best sherbet you ever had in your life.