Try this lightly breaded pan fried filet of sole recipe. I talk about my favorite filet to use which is petrale sole. If that's too expensive (varies in price during the year) try Dover sole as my second choice or even try Tilapia.
Petrale sole/Dover sole
Italian bread crumbs
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
1 , beaten
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
Extra viring olive oil
1 Tablespoon, chop (Optional)
1 Medium, wedged (Optional)
1. Pat the fish fry using a paper towel.
2. Combine breadcrumbs and flour in a shallow plate add pinch of salt.
3. Beat the eggs in a flat plate.
4. In the frying pan pour oil and bring heat the oil over medium heat.
5. Dip the fillet in eggs and the coat it with breadcrumbs mixture, gently place it in the pan, sprinkle salt and pepper.
6. Fry the fillet for 3 minutes per side or until golden brown and flaky.
7. Remove the fillet in a serving plate and garnish with cilantro.
8. Serve the pan fried sole fish along with lemon wedge or tartar sauce.
If you don’t have Italian seasoned bread crumbs, simply combine bread crumb, flour, 1/4 teaspoon of onion powder, garlic powder, parsley flakes, oregano leaves, and basil flakes and some salt to taste.