Stuffed Sole Supreme
|Diced tomatoes||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Sliced celery||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Dried onion||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Diced green pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chicken broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Tomato sauce||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Italian seasoning||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Black pepper||1 Dash|
|Canned sliced mushrooms||6 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Dried bread crumbs||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Sole fillets||1 1⁄2 Pound|
1) Preheat oven to 375°.
2) Take a saucepan, and add tomatoes, 2 cups of the celery, 3/4 cup of the onion, green pepper, broth, tomato sauce, 1 tablespoon of the oil, and seasonings.
3) Let the mixture boil once and then reduce heat. Cover the pan and simmer about 45 minutes. Keep stirring frequently.
4) If the sauce is thick add some broth.
5) Drain mushrooms and save the liquid and 1/4 cup of the mushrooms for use in the stuffing. Now, add remaining mushrooms to sauce.
6) Take a frying pan and heat 1 tablespoon oil. Saute remaining 1/2 cup celery, and 3/4 cup onion.
7) Mix in the reserved mushrooms and bread crumbs and mushroom liquid to make this stuffing moist.
8) Put the stuffing on the fillets and roll them firmly. Seal the ends with toothpicks.
9) Pour tomato sauce and bake the fillets uncovered for 20-25 minutes.
10) Serve the fillets with some tomato sauce.
Calories 530 Calories from Fat 105
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.3%
Saturated Fat 2 g9.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 81.6 mg27.2%
Sodium 994.9 mg41.5%
Total Carbohydrates 64 g21.4%
Dietary Fiber 8.2 g32.7%
Sugars 22.7 g
Protein 42 g83.7%
Vitamin A 37.7% Vitamin C 110.4%
Calcium 22.1% Iron 20.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet