Fillets of Sole Florentine
|Hollandaise sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sole fillet||2 1⁄2 Pound|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Shallots||2 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Dried tarragon||2 Teaspoon|
|Dry white wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Frozen chopped spinach||20 Ounce|
|Fish stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Light cream||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
1. Place the readymade hollandaise sauce on warm water to heat gently through
2. Wash and clean the fish fillets and set aside to drain on paper towels
3. Preheat the broiler
4. Just before serving, brush both sides with lemon juice. Fold into thirds, with dark side inside. Arrange in single layer in large skillet.
5. Sprinkle with shallots, tarragon, 1 teaspoon salt. Pour on wine.
6. Bring to boiling; reduce heat; simmer, covered, 5 to 10 minutes, or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Do not overcook.
7. Meanwhile, cook spinach as required and then turn into a sieve; drain well, pressing spinach to remove all liquid. Return to saucepan; cover; keep hot.
8. With slotted spatula, remove fillets to heated platter; set aside; keep warm. Strain liquid from skillet into 2-cup measure and boil down to make one cup.
9. Make Wine Sauce in a saucepan by heating butter. Remove from heat.
10. Stir in flour, salt, and pepper until smooth. Gradually stir in 1 cup fish stock and the light cream. Bring to boiling, over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture thickens.
11. Remove from heat. Stir 1/3 cup wine sauce into spinach; toss.
12. Turn into a 12-by-8-by-2-inch broiler-proof dish; spread evenly.
13. Arrange fillets in single layer on spinach. Spoon remaining wine sauce over fillets.
14. Beat heavy cream until stiff. Fold into hollandaise sauce.
15. Spoon mixture over wine sauce. Place under broiler 2 to 3 minutes, or until top is golden-brown.
16. Serve hot
Calories 685 Calories from Fat 296
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g51.5%
Saturated Fat 15.3 g76.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 210.5 mg70.2%
Sodium 698.5 mg29.1%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.8%
Dietary Fiber 3.7 g14.7%
Sugars 1.6 g
Protein 63 g125.2%
Vitamin A 289% Vitamin C 90.7%
Calcium 26.5% Iron 36.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet