Pacific Dover Sole with Lemon Caper Butter
|Sole fillets||4 Pound (Dover Or Petrale)|
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Unsalted butter||4 Tablespoon, split|
|Sweet paprika||1 Tablespoon|
|Capers||3 Tablespoon, drained, rinsed and coarsely chopped|
|Chopped fresh italian parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 200F and place a platter or plate in the oven to warm.
2. Season the fillets on both sides with salt and pepper.
3. Spread flour on a plate and crack the eggs into a large, shallow bowl and beat with a whisk or fork to break up the yolks.
4. In a medium sized non-stick skillet, heat the olive oil and 1 tablespoon of the butter over medium heat.
5. While the pan is heating, dredge one fillet in the flour, lightly coating both sides of the fish; shake off any excess. Dip the fillet in the beaten egg, coating thoroughly, and put directly in the hot pan. Repeat with remaining fillets.
6. Cook until nicely brown on underside, about 3 minutes. Turn the fillets over and season the browned side with paprika. Cook until done, about 2-4 minutes more, depending on the thickness of the fillets.
7. Remove fish to the warm platter and cover loosely with foil to keep warm.
8. Wipe out the pan with paper towels and turn the heat to low. Add remaining 3 tablespoons butter, capers, parsley and lemon juice. Swirl until butter melts; pour sauce over fish; garnish with lemon wedges and serve.