Gebakken Schol Fillet Vit De Pan
|Plaice fillets||6 Ounce, frozen|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Butter||1 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Bacon streaky rashers||5 , rinded|
|Plain flour||1 Ounce|
|Dill seeds||3⁄4 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Nutmeg||3⁄4 Teaspoon (Leveled), grated|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Gouda cheese||2 Ounce, grated|
|White breadcrumbs||3 Ounce|
1) Skin the frozen fish fillets.
2) In a shallow dish, place the fish fillets, sprinkle with salt and lemon juice and keep aside for 30 minutes or until completely thawed. 3) Meanwhile, take a flameproof shallow large serving dish.
4) The dish should be large enough so that fish can be placed in a single layer.
5) Coat the dish with butter.
6) When fish is thawed, with an absorbant kitchen paper, pat dry the fillets and fold them lengthwise in half.
7) Preheat the grill.
8) In the butter coated dish, fry the bacon until light brown.
9) Remove the bacon from the dish and drain well. Keep it aside.
10) Roll the folded fish fillets in flour, top with nutmeg and dill seeds.
11) In the buttered dish, arrange the fillets side by side.
12) Place the bacon on top of the fish and season them with black pepper.
13) In a small dish, combine together breadcrumbs, cheese and almonds.
14) Sprinkle this mixture over the bacon and fish and top with butter.
15) Cover the dish and cook over flame on low heat for approximately 15 minutes.
16) Uncover and place the dish in the preheated grill and cook until topping is brown and crispy.
17) Serve the bacon and fish fillet hot with choice of your side dishes.