|Sole||8 Small (Sea Soles)|
|Lime||1 , juiced|
|White wine||2 Tablespoon|
|Cream||150 Milliliter (With 1/4 Tsp Sodium Bicarbonate)|
|Sodium bicarbonate||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground white pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Tobasco sauce||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|For flavored water|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Prawns||16 Large (For Garnish)|
|Salt||3 Teaspoon (For Garnish, 2 Teaspoon Plus 1 Teaspoon)|
|Butter||4 Tablespoon (For Garnish, 2 Tablespoon Plus 2 Tablespoon)|
|Button mushrooms||500 Gram, sliced (For Garnish)|
|Lime||1 , juiced (For Garnish)|
|For prawn butter prawn shells|
|Butter||4 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
|For veloute sauce|
|Prawn butter||4 Ounce (For Garnish, 1 Heaped Tablespoon)|
|Flour||3 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
|Fish fumet||1 2⁄3 Cup (26.67 tbs) (For Garnish, Made From Fish Bones)|
|White wine||4 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
|Salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon (For Garnish)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon (For Garnish)|
|Cream||150 Milliliter (For Garnish)|
1. Fillet the soles and pomfret to remove the skin. Reserve bones and skin and use to make 1 2/3 cups fish stock for the sauce.
2. Wash, drain and dry the fish fillets by patting with kitchen paper.
3. Combine ingredients for marinade and rub into the sole fillets and leave to marinate for
4. 30 minutes.
5. Mince the pomfret fillets in a food processor and transfer to a bowl.
6. To make the flavored water, in a saucepan, combine all the ingredients and bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
7. Strain and discard the residue.
8. Shell and de-vein the prawns. Reserve prawn heads and shells and wash thoroughly.
9. Boil prawns in the flavored water with reserved prawn heads, shells and 2 teaspoons of salt for 3 to 4 minutes.
10. Drain the prawns and keep aside for garnish. Discard the prawn heads and reserve the shells for the butter and stock for another purpose like soup.
11. Preheat the oven to 350 degree F or 175 degree C
12. Grease ring mould with oil.
13. In a saucepan, combine milk and butter and bring to a boil over a medium flame.
14. Take pan off the flame and stir in all the flour at once.
15. Beat with a wooden spatula to form a smooth batter.
16. Stir in the wine and set aside till cool.
17. When cool, pour the batter to mix with the pomfret in the bowl.
18. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, blending into the batter.
19. Stir in the cream, salt, pepper and Tabasco sauce.
20. Place sole fillets between 2 sheets of wet cling film.
21. Using a wooden mallet or a rolling pin, flatten the fillets into thin sheets.
22. Line prepared mould with fillets, overlapping them slightly so that there are no gaps.
23. Turn the pomfret mousse into the mould and fold over any fillets that are sticking out above the rim of the mould, to cover mousse.
24. Cover mould with foil and place it in a roasting pan.
25. Pour hot water into pan to reach halfway up the mould.
26. Bake the mousse in the preheated oven for 45 to 50 minutes till mousse is firm to the touch.
27. Remove the tin from the pan and set aside to cool.
28. To make the prawn butter, put the reserved shell in the oven for 4 to 5 minutes till crisp.
29. Pound the shells with a mortar and pestle or in a grinder to a fine powder.
30. Mix with the softened butter and press through a fine strainer. Set aside for Veloute sauce.
31. In a small skillet, melt 2 tablespoons of butter over moderate heat
32. Sauté the prawns for 1to 2 minutes. Remove into a bowl and keep warm.
33. In the same skillet, melt 2 tablespoons of butter and sauté the mushrooms for 5 minutes.
34. Season with salt and add lime juice and remove to a bowl and keep warm.
35. To make the Veloute sauce, in the same skillet, melt the prawn butter over a low flame.
36. Stir in the flour and sauté for 1 minute.
37. Pour in the fish stock fumet and wine and blend, stirring continuously to form a smooth sauce.
38. Add seasonings, and cream and simmer, stirring constantly till the sauce thickens.
39. Unmould the mousse onto a plate and wipe drain the juices that may flow out.
40. Carefully slide the mouse onto a hot, wet, round serving platter.
41. Ladle the warm Veloute sauce over the Mousse.
42. Fill the centre of the mousse-ring with the sautéed mushrooms and arrange the prawns around the ring.
Calories 2532 Calories from Fat 503
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 59 g90.4%
Saturated Fat 26.8 g133.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1577.3 mg525.8%
Sodium 3951.2 mg164.6%
Total Carbohydrates 56 g18.7%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g8.7%
Sugars 18.7 g
Protein 422 g845%
Vitamin A 32.6% Vitamin C 60.6%
Calcium 60.7% Iron 55%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet