Gourmet Sole Veronique
|Condensed chicken broth||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Water||120 Milliliter (1 Soup Can)|
|White pepper||1 Dash|
|Bouquet garni||1⁄8 Teaspoon (For Fish)|
|Seedless green grapes||12 , halved|
|Frozen sole fillets/Frozen flounder fillets||1 Pound, thawed (1 Package)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dry white wine||2 Tablespoon|
1. Combine chicken broth, water, salt, pepper, bouquet garni and the grapes in a large skillet; bring to boiling.
2. Separate the fillets; place in pan; cover. Simmer 5 to 8 minutes.
3. Lift the fillets from liquid with a pancake turner; place in a shallow baking dish. Pour liquid into a 2-cup measure; add water, if necessary, to make 2 cups.
4. Melt butter or margarine in a medium-size saucepan; stir in the flour. Cook slowly, stirring constantly, until bubbly. Stir in the 2 cups liquid; continue cooking and stirring until the sauce thickens and bubbles for 3 minutes. Stir in wine; pour over fish.
5. Bake in moderate oven (350°) for 25 minutes.