Crab Stuffed Fillet Of Sole
|All purpose flour||3 Tablespoon|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Dry white wine||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Shredded swiss cheese||4 Ounce (1 Cup)|
|Minced onion||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Canned crab meat||6 1⁄2 Ounce, drained, flaked (1 Can)|
|Canned mushroom||4 Ounce, drained and finely chopped (1 Can)|
|Coarse cracker crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Freshly ground white pepper||To Taste|
|Sole fillets||2 Pound|
|Snipped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
1. Melt 3 tablespoons butter in a 1-quart glass measuring pitcher in microwave oven (about 1 minute at High). Stir in flour and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Add milk and wine gradually, stirring until smooth. Cook uncovered 4 minutes at High, or until thickened; stir once. Stir in cheese; set aside.
2. Put onion and 2 tablespoons butter into a 1-quart glass casserole. Cook uncovered in microwave oven 2 minutes at High, or until onion is tender; stir after 1 minute. Add crab, mushrooms and crumbs to onion; mix well. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Cut fillets into uniform serving-size pieces. Lay each fillet white-side-down and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Dividing the stuffing evenly, spread stuffing almost the full length of each fillet. Roll up and place seam-side-down in an 8-inch square glass baking dish. Cover with waxed paper.
4. Cook in microwave oven 5 minutes at High; rotate dish one-half turn after 3 minutes and rearrange fish. With a bulb baster, draw off any juices in the baking dish and stir into the sauce. Cover and cook 4 to
5 minutes at High, or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Remove from oven. Cover with plastic wrap and let stand 5 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, heat sauce uncovered in microwave oven 5 minutes at High, or until cheese is melted; stir once. Pour sauce into a sauce boat and garnish with parsley.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2388 Calories from Fat 728
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 82 g126.5%
Saturated Fat 44.7 g223.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 800.7 mg266.9%
Sodium 2620.7 mg109.2%
Total Carbohydrates 130 g43.2%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g10%
Sugars 21.3 g
Protein 246 g491.2%
Vitamin A 72% Vitamin C 59.3%
Calcium 152.2% Iron 43.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet