|Mussels||1 Pint, scrubbed well and debearded|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sole fillets||6 Small|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
1. Place the mussels in a saucepan with a small amount of water and the lemon juice, cover and steam until the shells open. Drain, reserving the liquid.
2. Cook the mushrooms in two tablespoons water about five minutes. Drain, reserving the liquid.
3. Place the fillets in a saucepan with one and one-half cups of the mixed liquids from the mussels and mushrooms. If there is not enough liquid to make one and one-half cups add enough water or white wine to fill. Simmer gently ten minutes. Remove the fish to a serving dish, arrange the mussels and mushrooms around it and keep warm.
4. In a saucepan heat two tablespoons of the butter, add the flour and cook, stirring with a wire, whisk, until golden. Add the cooking liquid from the fish, stirring vigorously, and boil about four minutes.
5. Mix the egg yolks with the cream, combine with the sauce and bring to the boiling point, stirring constantly. Do not let boil. Add the remaining butter, season with salt and pepper and strain through a fine sieve over the fish.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2708 Calories from Fat 1471
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 167 g256.4%
Saturated Fat 93.2 g466%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1383.2 mg461.1%
Sodium 2636.6 mg109.9%
Total Carbohydrates 38 g12.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.5%
Sugars 2.5 g
Protein 256 g512.2%
Vitamin A 122.1% Vitamin C 99.6%
Calcium 45.6% Iron 138.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet