Baked Red Snapper with Artichoke Stuffing
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Onions||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), finely chopped|
|Frozen artichoke hearts||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), thawed and chopped|
|Frozen artichoke hearts||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), chopped|
|White bread slice||3 , toasted|
|Enriched white bread slice||3 , toasted and made into fine crumbs|
|Parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Fresh parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Red snapper||3 Pound, dressed with head and tail left on (1 Fish)|
|Vegetable juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Mixed vegetable juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) Heat the oil in a 9-inch skillet.
3) Add the onions and sautÃ© till they are translucent.
4) Add the artichoke hearts and sautÃ© for another 3 minutes.
5) Add the bread crumbs, lemon juice, parsley, salt and pepper and stir well.
6) Take the skillet off the heat and allow the mixture to slightly cool down.
7) Use the onion mixture to stuff the fish and close the cavity with the help of wooden skewers or toothpicks.
8) Use non-stick cooking spray to spray a pan which is large enough to hold the fish.
9) Put the stuffed fish to the prepared dish. Pour the juice all over the Snapper.
10) Bake it preheated oven for about 40 to 50 minutes, basting frequently, till the fish easily flakes when tested with a fork.
11) Serve hot.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3298 Calories from Fat 154
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 53 g81%
Saturated Fat 10.5 g52.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1048.1 mg349.4%
Sodium 6088.7 mg253.7%
Total Carbohydrates 127 g42.5%
Dietary Fiber 13.7 g54.6%
Sugars 29.1 g
Protein 576 g1152.8%
Vitamin A 209.4% Vitamin C 370.7%
Calcium 133.8% Iron 91.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet