Baked Red Snapper with Potatoes and Olives
|Potatoes||1 Pound, peeled and very thinly sliced (500 grams)|
|Lemons||2 , sliced|
|Butter||3 Ounce (75 grams)|
|Red snapper||1 Large, cleaned (or use 4 small)|
|Pitted black olives/Pitted green olives||6 Ounce (175 Gram)|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon (for sprinkling)|
|Dill sprigs||3 (for garnishing)|
1. Preheat oven at 190°C/375°F/ Gas Mark 5.
2. In the bottom of a large greased shallow baking dish or roasting tin layer the sliced potatoes and lemons and dot generously with butter.
3. Layer the potatoes with fish, season with salt and pepper and scatter olives over the snapper.
4. Over the fish sprinkle olive oil generously and bake for 45 to 50 minutes according to the size of the fish such that they are tender and flake easily.
5. Serve immediately with a sprinkle of dill.