Spicy Broiled Snapper
|1% low fat milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dijon mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Cornmeal||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Onion powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dried thyme||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Dried oregano||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Snapper fillets/Grouper / catfish fillets||24 Ounce (4 Pieces, 6 Ounce Each)|
|Lime wedges/Lemon coronets||4 (Or Coronets)|
1. Preheat the broiler and place the rack 4 inches from the heat.
2. Place a large wire rack, on a baking sheet and grease the rack with oil.
3. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the milk and mustard until blended.
In a shallow dish, plate or on sheet of wax paper, combine the cornmeal, seasonings, spices, onion powder, garlic powder and herbs.
4. To bread the fish fillets, dip them first in the milk mixture, turning to coat both sides, then lightly roll in the cornmeal mixture, pressing lightly so that the crumbs stick.
5. Arrange the crumbed fillets on the rack, keeping a 1 inch distance between each.
6. Broil for about 4 minutes on each side, until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
7. Serve the crispy fish fillets accompanied with lime or lemon coronets.