Stuffed Red Snapper
|Red snapper||5 Pound (1 In Number)|
|Soft butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped onions||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Dry bread crumbs||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Minced cucumber||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dried thyme||1 Teaspoon|
|Dry sherry||4 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) When purchasing the fish, ask the merchant to bone the fish and prepare it for the stuffing.
3) Rub the insides of the fish with a seasoning of butter, salt and pepper.
4) In butter, sauté the onion and garlic till tender.
5) Season the vegetables with salt, pepper and thyme. Add some sherry to dampen the mixture.
6) Stuff the fish and use toothpicks to close the openings.
7) Salt and pepper the fish and bake it in a well-buttered dish in preheated oven for about 45 minutes or till the fish flakes when it is tasted with fork. Use pan juices to baste.
8) Serve hot.