Baked Red Snapper With Mushroom Filling
|Red snapper||1 1⁄2 Kilogram|
|Oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Lime juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Fish sauce||3 Tablespoon (Commercial)|
|Oyster sauce||1 Teaspoon (Commercial)|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Medium, sliced|
|Button mushrooms||500 Gram, sliced|
|Thai fish sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Salt||To Taste (As Required)|
1) Ask the fishmonger to remove the center bone of the red snapper without separating the two sides of the fish. Head may be left intact or can be removed.
2) Wash and pat dry the fish.
3) In a bowl, combine the ingredients for marinade, rub into fish and set aside for 30 minutes to marinate.
4) Preheat the oven and prepare baking tray.
5) In a pan, heat oil for filling over moderate heat.
6) Add onions and fry till soft and translucent.
7) Add mushrooms and toss frequently over high heat till the liquid evaporates from the mushroom.
8) To the mixture, stir in fish sauce and pepper.
9) Add more salt, if required.
10) On the prepared baking tray, place the fish and spoon the filling inside it and brush with marinade.
11) In the center of preheated oven, bake for 15-20 minutes, basting twice with marinade.
12) After wards, carefully turn over the fish, brush with marinade and bake further for 5-7 minutes.
13) To test if done, insert a thin skewer into the thickest part of the fish: it should pass through the flesh easily.
14) Place the fish on a warm platter and serve immediately.