Red Snapper With Toasted Almonds
|Sliced almonds||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Red snapper fillets||1 3⁄4 Pound|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Unsalted butter||3 Tablespoon|
|Scallions||4 , coarsely chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
1. In a large ungreased skillet, toast the almonds over medium heat, shaking frequently, until golden, about 5 minutes. Remove the almonds from the pan and set aside.
2. In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, salt, and pepper. Lightly dredge the snapper fillets in the seasoned flour.
3. In the same large skillet, warm the oil with 1 tablespoon of the butter over medium-high heat until the butter is melted. Add the fillets and saute until golden brown and cooked through, about 4 minutes per side. Remove the fish to a plate and cover loosely to keep warm.
4. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons butter to the skillet. Add the scallions and garlic, and saute until the scallions are just limp, about 1 minute. Add the almonds and cook until coated with butter, about 1 minute.
5. Serve the fish topped with the almonds and scallions.