Red Snapper With Vegetable Julienne
|Chicken broth||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Preferably Reduced-Sodium)|
|Dry white wine/Chicken broth||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Onion||1 Small, quartered|
|Red snapper fillets||1 1⁄4 Pound|
|Celery ribs||2 , cut into 3 inch long matchsticks|
|Bell pepper||1 Medium, cut into thin strips (Yellow Or Green)|
|Leek||1 Large, cut into 3 inch-long matchsticks (White And Tender Green Parts Only)|
|Carrot||1 Large, cut into 3 inch long matchsticks|
1. In a large skillet, bring the broth, wine, black pepper, bay leaf, and onion quarters to a boil over medium-high heat. Add the fish, reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer until the fish just flakes when tested with a fork, about 10 minutes. With a slotted spatula, carefully remove the fish to a plate and cover loosely with foil to keep warm.
2. Discard the bay leaf. Bring the broth to a boil over medium-high heat and cook uncovered to reduce it to 1 cup, about 5 minutes.
3. Add the celery, bell pepper, leek, and carrot, reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer until the vegetables are crisp-tender, about 11 minutes.
4. Return the broth to a boil over medium-high heat and stir in the cornstarch mixture. Cook until thickened slightly, 1 to 2 minutes.
5. Serve the fish topped with the sauce and vegetables.