Red Snapper & Coconut Loaf
|Red snapper fillets||8 Ounce, skinned (225 Grams)|
|Tomatoes||2 , seeded and finely chopped|
|Green bell peppers||2 , finely chopped|
|Onion||1 , finely chopped|
|Red chili||1 , finely chopped|
|Bread crumbs||2 3⁄4 Cup (44 tbs)|
|Coconut liquid||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Hot pepper sauce||To Taste|
|Tomato catsup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|West indian hot pepper sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Hot mustard||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Twists of lemon||4 (To Garnish)|
|Chervil sprig||1 (To Garnish)|
1. Finely chop the fish and mix with the tomatoes, bell peppers, onion, and fresh chile.
2. Stir in the bread crumbs, coconut liquid, and seasoning. If using fresh coconut, use a hammer and the tip of a sturdy knife to poke out the "eyes" in the top and pour out the liquid.
3. Grease a 1 lb 2-oz/500-g loaf pan and line the bottom. Add the fish mixture.
4. Bake in a preheated oven, 400°F/ 200°C, for 1-1 1/4. hours, until set.
5. To make the hot pepper sauce, combine the tomato catsup, West Indian hot pepper sauce, and mustard, until smooth and creamy.
6. To serve, cut the loaf into slices, arrange on a serving platter, garnish with lemon twists and chervil, and serve hot or cold with the sauce.