Red Snapper Veracruz Style
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Canned tomatoes||16 Ounce, drained and coarsely chopped (1 Can)|
|Red snapper fillets||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Sliced pimento stuffed olives||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Combine oil, onion and garlic in a 2-quart glass casserole. Cover with an all-glass lid or plastic wrap. Cook in microwave oven 2 minutes at HIGH; stir after 1 minute.
2. Add tomatoes, salt and pepper to mixture in casserole; stir. Cook covered in microwave oven 3 minutes at HIGH.
3. Arrange red snapper fillets, skin side down, in a 2-quart glass baking dish with thicker portions to the outside. Pour sauce over fish. Sprinkle with olives. Cover with plastic wrap.
4. Cook in microwave oven 8 to 9 minutes at HIGH, or until fish flakes easily with a fork; rotate dish one-half turn once.
5. Remove from oven and allow to stand 4 minutes.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1209 Calories from Fat 398
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 45 g69.1%
Saturated Fat 7 g34.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 251.8 mg83.9%
Sodium 2995.9 mg124.8%
Total Carbohydrates 53 g17.6%
Dietary Fiber 12.8 g51.1%
Sugars 7 g
Protein 150 g299.4%
Vitamin A 77.3% Vitamin C 145.4%
Calcium 43.6% Iron 44%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet