Red Snapper Veracruz Style
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Canned tomatoes||16 Ounce, drained and coarsely chopped (1 Can)|
|Red snapper fillets||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Sliced pimento stuffed olives||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Combine oil, onion and garlic in a 2-quart glass casserole. Cover with an all-glass lid or plastic wrap. Cook in microwave oven 2 minutes at HIGH; stir after 1 minute.
2. Add tomatoes, salt and pepper to mixture in casserole; stir. Cook covered in microwave oven 3 minutes at HIGH.
3. Arrange red snapper fillets, skin side down, in a 2-quart glass baking dish with thicker portions to the outside. Pour sauce over fish. Sprinkle with olives. Cover with plastic wrap.
4. Cook in microwave oven 8 to 9 minutes at HIGH, or until fish flakes easily with a fork; rotate dish one-half turn once.
5. Remove from oven and allow to stand 4 minutes.