Baked Red Snapper
|Red snapper||4 Pound (1 Piece)|
|Ground black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Butter||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Small, chopped|
|Fine stale bread crumbs||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Chopped cucumber||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Capers/Chopped sour pickle||2 Teaspoon|
|Powdered sage||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|White wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Salt pork/Bacon slices||1|
1. Preheat oven to hot (400° F.).
2. Sprinkle the fish inside with salt and pepper.
3. In a skillet heat one-third cup of the butter, add the onion and brown lightly. Add the crumbs, cucumber, capers, sage and half the wine and mix. Stuff the fish with the mixture and close with skewers and string.
4. Place the fish in a well-greased shallow pan lined with foil Cut gashes at one-serving intervals and place a piece of salt pork or bacon in each. Brush with the remaining butter and pour the remaining wine over the top.
5. Bake, uncovered, until the fish flakes easily when tested with a fork, about fifty minutes. Baste frequently with the drippings in the pan or with additional butter and wine.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3567 Calories from Fat 1326
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 174 g267.7%
Saturated Fat 92.1 g460.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1017.9 mg339.3%
Sodium 5072.5 mg211.4%
Total Carbohydrates 111 g37.1%
Dietary Fiber 7.3 g29.2%
Sugars 16 g
Protein 375 g749.4%
Vitamin A 80.5% Vitamin C 22.6%
Calcium 113.5% Iron 75.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet