Red Snapper Veracruz Style
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Canned tomatoes||16 Ounce, chopped (1 Can)|
|Red snapper fillets||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Sliced pimiento stuffed green olives||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Combine oil, onion and garlic in a 1-quart glass measuring pitcher. Cover with plastic wrap. Cook in microwave oven 2 minutes at High; stir after 1 minute.
2. Add tomatoes, salt and pepper to mixture in pitcher; stir. Cook covered in microwave oven 3 minutes at High.
3. Arrange red snapper fillets skin-side-down in an 8-inch square or a 2-quart glass baking dish with thicker portions to the outside. Pour sauce over fish. Sprinkle with olives. Cover with plastic wrap.
4. Cook in microwave oven 8 to 9 minutes at High, or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork; rotate dish one-half turn once.
5. Remove from oven and let stand covered 4 minutes.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1238 Calories from Fat 411
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 46 g71.1%
Saturated Fat 6.3 g31.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 251.8 mg83.9%
Sodium 3928.4 mg163.7%
Total Carbohydrates 54 g17.8%
Dietary Fiber 11.5 g45.9%
Sugars 6.9 g
Protein 149 g298.2%
Vitamin A 77.1% Vitamin C 110%
Calcium 41.9% Iron 42.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet