Marinated in Ale and then smoked Low and Slow on the grill makes this Bison Sirloin roast super tender and full of flavor. The BBQ Pit Boys put together an American Buffalo sandwich that's real easy to do on the barbecue grill or smoker.
Bison sirloin tip roast
2 1⁄2 Pound (1)
2 Bottle (2 l)
5 Tablespoon, divided (Mixture of Salt, Garlic, Black Pepper and Red Pepper Flakes)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (or beer)
1. Into a 1 gallon zip lock pouch, place the bison steak, pour in the bottles of ale and about 2 tablespoons of flavoring mixture.
2. Work the marinade around and allow the beef to marinate for about 8 hours or overnight in the refrigerator.
3. Once marinated, rub the steak generously with the flavoring mixture. Ensure the steak is coated well.
4. Place the steak on a hot grill and cook at 275 degree F for about 3 hours or until the internal temperature reaches 135 degree F, with the lid on.
5. After 1 hour, turn and baste the steak with some beer or beef broth.
6. Once the steak is cooked, take the steak off the grill, cover with aluminum foil and allow to rest for about 10 minutes
7. Carve the steak up and serve it up as a sandwich with your favorite topping or as main.
How about digging into a nice robust sandwich! Sounds enticing enough? Well try making these meaty sandwiches for a change. These are sandwich with some intact flavors coming through! See the video on how to get this sandwich going!