Sirloin Beef Tips In Red Wine
|Bacon slice||1 , cut into small pieces|
|Beef sirloin tip/Stew beef||2 Pound|
|Dry red wine||2 Cup (32 tbs), divided (Preferably Burgundy)|
|Beef broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Tomato paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Minced garlic||1 Teaspoon|
|Dried marjoram leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Finely chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Bay leaf||1 , broken in half|
|Small white onions||1⁄2 Pound, peeled|
|Baby carrots||1 Pound|
|Small red potatoes||2 Pound|
|Small mushrooms||1⁄2 Pound, cut in half|
1) Preheat the oven to 375 °F.
1) In a large flameproof casserole, saute the bacon over a medium-high heat until crisp.
2) Remove the bacon with a slotted spoon and reserve the drippings.
3) In the pan drippings, add the beef and sear until browned on all the sides.
4) Remove the beef with a slotted spoon and keep aside.
5) In the same casserole, add 1 1/2 cups red wine, beef broth, tomato paste, salt, garlic, marjoram, parsley and bay leaf and bring to a boil.
6) In a bowl, whisk the flour and 1/2 cup wine together and stir into the casserole.
7) Then stir the beef, bacon and vegetables into the casserole.
8) Cover and bake in the preheated oven for 1 1/2 to 2 hours until the beef is tender.
9) Serve the Sirloin Beef Tips in Red Wine straight from the casserole.