Sirloin Monte Carlo
|Beef sirloin||3 1⁄2 Pound|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vinegar||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 325°F.
2) Place the meat in a glass bowl and dredge it with salt, pepper, paprika and garlic.
3) In a bowl mix together, water, bay leaf and vinegar.
4) Pour the vinegar mixture over the meat.
5) Cover the bowl with plastic film and refrigerate overnight.
6) Pour off and reserve the marinade.
7) Place the meat on a roasting rack.
8) Roast in oven until desired doneness basting with the marinade in regular intervals.
9) Serve hot with a little mixed salad and sautÃ©ed mushrooms if desired.
Bake the meat for 1 3/4 hours for rare, for medium done 2 hours and for well done 2 ½ hours.
Calories 410 Calories from Fat 229
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g39%
Saturated Fat 10.2 g51%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 93.3 mg31.1%
Sodium 152.9 mg6.4%
Total Carbohydrates 1 g0.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.36 g1.4%
Sugars 0.1 g
Protein 40 g81%
Vitamin A 6.9% Vitamin C 1.6%
Calcium 5.6% Iron 18.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet