Sirloin Steak With Red Wine
|Sirloin steak||5 Pound|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Olive oil/Salad oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dried rosemary||1 1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Dry red wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Wipe steak with damp paper towels, rub each side with garlic and reserve garlic.
3. In a large heavy skillet heat oil, until very hot.
4. Over high heat, brown steak very well on both sides for about 3 to 5 minutes per side.
5. In shallow roasting pan place steak on rack sprinkle with salt, pepper and rosemary and add garlic.
6. Insert meat thermometer in side of steak, making sure point is as close to center of meat as possible.
7. Bake in top part of oven 25 to 30 minutes until meat thermometer registers 130 degrees, for medium rare.
8. Remove thermometer and place steak on hot platter.
9. Pour fat from roasting pan and discard garlic.
10. Add wine to pan, and bring to boiling, stirring to loosen brown particles and stir in butter.
11. Pour 2 tablespoons sauce over steak and pass the rest.
12. To serve, slice thinly on the diagonal.