1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to a skillet and caramelize the onions, carrots, potatoes and portabella mushrooms.
3. In the meantime, season the sirloin with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and the Mccormick garlic onion rub.
4. In a hot skillet, add the seasoned sirloin and brown on all sides.
5. Add the sirloin into the vegetables pot and de-glaze with Merlot wine.
6. Add the beef stock and salt and pepper, thyme and parsley and cover with lid.
7. Pop the pot into the oven for 60-90 minutes.
8. Slice the beef and plate along with the vegetables and serve.