(1) Grilled Shrimp and Scallops with Red, Gold Beet Salad and Calypso Sauce
(2) Spicy Sriracha Shrimp
|Calypso sauce for grilled shrimp and scallops|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Yellow onion||1/2 Medium , sliced|
|Brown sugar||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic cloves||4 , thinly sliced|
|Apple cider vinegar||4 Tablespoon|
|Ground allspice||1 Teaspoon|
|Grated ginger||7 Gram|
|Other ingredients for grilled shrimp and scallops|
|Red beets||60 Gram , thinly sliced|
|Golden beets||60 Gram , thinly sliced|
|Watermelon radish||40 Gram , thinly sliced|
|Shrimp||32 , peeled and deveined (4 per person)|
|Scallops||32 (4 per person)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon (as needed)|
|Garnishing for grilled shrimp and scallops|
|Baby chard||15 Gram (as needed)|
|Mache||15 Gram (as needed)|
|Arugula||15 Gram (as needed)|
|For steve's spicy sriracha shrimp|
|Sriracha sauce||7 Teaspoon|
|Red wine vinegar||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic clove||5 , mince|
|Grated ginger||8 Gram|
|Juice of lemon||1/2|
|Onion||1/2 Medium , diced|
|Canned roasted red pepper||100 Gram|
|Large shrimp||350 Gram , peeled and deveined, tail on|
|Salt and ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Garnishing for steve's spicy sriracha shrimp|
|Fresh parsley||1 Teaspoon|
|Fresh basil||1 Teaspoon|
For Grilled Shrimp and Scallops with Red, Gold Beet Salad and Calypso Sauce
For Calypso Sauce:
1. In a pan, pour olive oil, add onion and a good pinch of salt. Sprinkle sugar and cook until golden brown.
2. Add garlic, cook for 2-3 minutes and transfer it to a blender, followed by vinegar, vodka, lime juice, allspice, habanero, and grated ginger. Blend until smooth. Transfer to a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and pop in refrigerator for an hour.
3. Into a bowl, place shrimp, drizzle olive and season with salt. Mix well.
4. Place a grill pan on flame and cook shrimp in it.
5. Season scallops with salt and cook in a hot pan with oil. Transfer shrimp and scallop to a plate and set aside.
6. In a bowl, place baby chard, Mache, and arugula. Sprinkle salt, drizzle oil and toss lightly.
7. Just before serving season the beets (red and golden) and radish.
8. On a platter lay beets and radish, followed by salad greens, shrimp, and scallops. Spread some sauce and serve immediately.
For Spicy Sriracha Shrimp
1. In a bowl, combine sriracha, red wine vinegar, garlic, ginger, and lemon juice. Whisk well.
2. Place a pan on flame, pour oil and sweat onion for 5 minutes.
3. Add roasted pepper and cook for 1-2 minutes.
4. Stir in shrimp and sauce (prepared earlier). Cook until done.
5. Garnish with parsley, basil and serve hot!
Calories 256Calories from Fat 50
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.2%
Saturated Fat %
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 486 mg20.25%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.3%
Dietary Fiber 1 g4%
Sugars 3 g
Protein 37 g74%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
Calories 2560Calories from Fat 500
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 60 g92%
Saturated Fat 0 0%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 4860 mg202.5%
Total Carbohydrates 100 g33%
Dietary Fiber 10 g40%
Sugars 30 g
Protein 370 g740%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 0% Iron 0%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet