|Shrimp||1 1⁄4 Pound (21-25 count)|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Bay leaf||1 Small|
|Cucumber||2 Ounce, small dice (peeled)|
|Roma tomato||2 Ounce, small dice|
|Brown onion||2 Ounce, small dice (peeled)|
|Cilantro||1 Teaspoon, chopped|
|Avocado||3 Ounce (ripe firm medium dice)|
|Lime juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Hot sauce||1 Tablespoon|
* In a large stock pot, add water, garlic, peppercorn and bay leaf.
* Bring water to a boil. Lower heat.
* Add shrimp, cook for 3 minutes.
* Drain shrimp. Reserve liquid.
* Remove bay leaf.
* Allow liquid and shrimp to cool. Refrigerate to chill.
* In al large bowl, combine cucumber, tomato, onion, cilantro, avocado, lime juice, ketchup and hot sauce.
* Add cooled shrimp liquid and shrimp.
* Adjust salt .
* Serve in a glass container.
Makes 2 - 16 ounce cocktails.
Note: Do not over cook - shrimp will become tough.
Shrimp are done as soon as they become orange/pink.