Shrimp and Garlic Spaghetti
|Water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon (1/2 tsp for boiling + 1/2 for seasoning)|
|Pre-cooked shrimp||3 Ounce (or 15 medium shrimps)|
|Garlic||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Salted butter||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper powder||2 Pinch|
|Parsley||2 Teaspoon (for garnish)|
1. In a pan heat water up to a boiling point, add salt and the spaghetti. Cook for about 8-9 minutes on medium-high heat. Once the spaghetti is done, drain the water and keep aside.
2. In a hot pan, melt butter, add olive oil and chopped garlic, fry for 5 seconds on medium-high.
3. Add the shrimps with the tails removed and fry for 2 minutes if they are frozen and pre-cooked and fry for 4 minutes if the shrimp is fresh.
4. Add the cooked spaghetti to the pan and cook for 2 minutes on medium-high.
5. Season it with some salt and black pepper.
6. Serve the shrimp and garlic spaghetti garnished with chopped parsley.
Depending on the kind of spaghetti the cooking time can be different, so follow the instruction on the pack of your spaghetti.
If using frozen pre-cooked medium sized shrimp, then cook them for 2 minutes. If it’s fresh shrimp, cook for 4 minutes.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 648 Calories from Fat 247
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g43.2%
Saturated Fat 13.1 g65.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 214.2 mg71.4%
Sodium 1306 mg54.4%
Total Carbohydrates 73 g24.2%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.6%
Sugars 0.3 g
Protein 32 g64.6%
Vitamin A 32% Vitamin C 37.5%
Calcium 13.4% Iron 39.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet