Amy's Firecracker Shrimp and Grits
|Prawns||4 Cup (64 tbs), peeled, deveined (jumbo)|
|Creole seasoning||2 Teaspoon|
|Onion||1 Medium, dice|
|Red pepper/Yellow pepper||1 , dice|
|Jalapeno pepper||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), mince|
|Stewed tomato||5 Cup (80 tbs) (medium can)|
|Cream cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (chives and onion Philadelphia cream cheese, light or regular)|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (for cheesy grits)|
|Chicken broth||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (for cheesy grits)|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon (for cheesy grits)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (for cheesy grits)|
|Grits||1 Cup (16 tbs) (for cheesy grits)|
|Cheddar cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated (extra old for cheesy grits)|
1. Place a skillet on medium high heat, pour olive oil, and sauté onion and pepper in it until they become soft and translucent.
2. Throw prawns, and continue cooking.
3. Stir in Creole spice and garlic. Sauté until prawns are tender.
4. Add stewed tomatoes, mix well, and bring it to boil. Then, turn the heat to low and allow it to simmer.
5. In the meantime, place a sauce pan on medium high heat, pour milk, and chicken broth in it. Bring it to simmer.
6. Add butter , salt and polenta. Whisk for about 3 minutes or until polenta thickens up.
7. Throw in cheese and mix for about a minute.
8. Add cream cheese to your prawn. Stir.
9. On serving plate spoon grit, top it with prawn, and serve it hot with cilantro garnish.
Calories 472 Calories from Fat 149
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g25.9%
Saturated Fat 8.7 g43.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 302.1 mg100.7%
Sodium 1356.1 mg56.5%
Total Carbohydrates 47 g15.7%
Dietary Fiber 4.4 g17.6%
Sugars 18.5 g
Protein 35 g69.9%
Vitamin A 34.4% Vitamin C 82.7%
Calcium 29.7% Iron 17.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet