Moqueca De Camarao
|Red pepper||1 , roasted|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), sliced (2 cloves for rice + 2 cloves for beans + 2 coves for Moqueca De Camarao)|
|Beans||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Seasoning salt||1 Teaspoon (Brazilian)|
|Dende oil||3 Teaspoon|
|Onions||1 Large, chop|
|Shrimp||1 Pound (frozen)|
|Cilantro||2 Tablespoon, chop|
|Tomato||4 Small, chop|
|Coconut milk||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Cayenne pepper||2 Pinch|
|Pepper||1 Teaspoon, freshly ground|
1. Rub the red pepper with olive oil and put into the toaster oven for 15 minutes.
2. Next, peel off the skin and keep aside.
3. For the beans :In a pan, add 1 teaspoon dende oil and 2 sliced garlic cloves.
4. Add the beans and stir and cover the lid.
5. Next, slice the roasted peppers and add to the cooked beans and keep aside.
6. For the rice: In a pan, add 1 teaspoon dende oil and 2 sliced garlic cloves.
7. Next, add 1/2 cup of rice,seasoning salt and saute in the oil.
8. Pour water and cover the lid and cook for 15-20 minutes.
9. For the Moqueca De Camarao: In another pan, heat 1 teaspoon of dende oil.
10. Add onions and saute and cover with lid for 3 minutes.
11. Next, add 1 tablespon of crushed garlic and shrimp and stir and cook down.
12. Next, add a dash of salt, lemon juice, tomatoes, cilantro, cayenne pepper, pepper and coconut milk and stir.
13. Let this cook down for 15 minutes while stirring occasionally.
14. Plate a portion of rice and top with the Morqueca de Camarao and serve with beans on the side.