For the sauce
1. In a small bowl, combine together honey, vinegar and mustard and stir well to blend, set aside.
For coconut shrimp
2. In a frying pan over medium heat, preheat the oil.
3. In a large shallow bowl, beat the egg and add in the beer, flour, nutmeg, cayenne and salt, whisk well into a thick batter.
4. In a plate, spread the coconut.
5. Dip the shrimp in the beer batter and tap to remove excess batter into the bowl.
6. Roll the prawns in coconut flakes and fry in hot oil for 3 minutes or until golden brown on both the sides.
7. Coat the remaining shrimps and fry in small batches until golden brown and crispy.
8. Remove and drain on paper towels, sprinkle with salt.
9. Serve the crispy coconut-battered shrimp with the sweet-pungent sauce as an appetizer.
10. You can also serve them over rice or with a salad as a main course.
These crispy succulent shrimp are coated with beer batter and rolled in sweet flaked coconut before frying and served with a sweet-spicy honey mustard sauce for dipping. A treat for shrimp and coconut lovers! This is indeed a super easy yet elegant appetizer recipe that will make bimbos look like pros!