|Raw shrimp||1⁄2 Pound, unshelled|
|Onion||16 Small, peeled and cut into thin slices|
|Dried thyme leaves||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
1. Rinse shrimps thoroughly and devein. Use a sharp knife to slit each the back side of each shrimp. Remove the sand vein.
2. In a large skillet add 2 cups of water, salt, parsley, onion, thyme, curry powder and bay leaf.
3. Boil over medium heat keeping the skillet covered. Simmer for next 10 minutes.
4. Combine shrimp. Boil again.
5. Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes till shrimps are tender.
6. Drain excess water. Cool and refrigerate till use.
7. Serve boiled shrimp with fried rice or with sauce.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1031 Calories from Fat 53
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.2%
Saturated Fat 1.6 g8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 344.7 mg114.9%
Sodium 3322.4 mg138.4%
Total Carbohydrates 187 g62.2%
Dietary Fiber 33.9 g135.5%
Sugars 83.5 g
Protein 68 g135.7%
Vitamin A 12% Vitamin C 253.8%
Calcium 59% Iron 59.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet