Broiled Scampi Appetizer
|Raw medium shrimp||1 1⁄2 Pound, shelled leaving tail|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (1/2 Stick)|
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Shallots||8 , chopped very fine to make about 3/4 cup|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), chopped fine|
|Canned stewed tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sliced mushrooms||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Chopped parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Slightly cut each shrimp lengthwise, from head to tail, leaving intact at tail.
2) Discard the dark vein from center of shrimp.
3) In a large non-stick pan, heat oil and butter and saute shallot and garlic, stirring constantly for 3 minutes.
4) Stir in the tomatoes and mushrooms; stirring frequently for 5 minutes longer.
5) Season with salt, pepper and add lemon juice, 2 tablespoons parsley and the shrimp; toss to mix well.
6) Portion the shrimp mixture into six individual baking dishes.
7) Place the baking dishes under broiler, and broil 4 to 5 inches from heat for 10 minutes, or just until shrimp are tender.
8) Dredge each dish with rest of parsley and serve hot.