Easy Shrimp Bisque
|Shrimp||1 Pound (Peeled And Deveined , Save The Peels)|
|Water||4 Cup (64 tbs) (Plus More To Top Off Stock)|
|White onion||1 Small, peeled and quartered|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), chopped|
|Celery stalk||1 Small (With Leaves)|
|Onion||1 Small, peeled and quartered|
|Leeks||2 , chopped up to the light green part thoroughly washed|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), minced|
|Sherry||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dry white wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Tomato paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||2 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
1. In a pot with a tablespoon of olive oil, put in the shrimp peels. Sauté until peels turn pink.
2. Put in 4 cups water, celery, onion, garlic and carrot. Simmer for 45 minutes. Strain stock and add enough water to make 4 cups. Keep aside.
3. Pour 2 tablespoons of olive oil to pan. Add the leeks and cook for about 10 minutes until softened but not browned. Stir occasionally. Add the garlic and mix well. Cook for about a minute until fragrant.
4. Put in the shrimp and ¼ cup sherry. Cook for 1 couple of minutes. Add the white wine and cook for another 3 to 4 minutes until shrimp is cooked through.
5. Put the shrimp and leeks in a food processor and puree until coarse. Set aside.
6. Add butter to the pot and melt. Add the flour and whisk constantly for 2 to 3 minutes – until flour is cooked. Add the milk and cream and whisk constantly until you have a smooth, thickened sauce.
7. Add the shrimp stock, processed shrimp and tomato paste. Mix well.
8. Add salt and pepper and season. Mix until heated through. Do not boil soup.
9. Ladle soup into bowls and garnish with chopped parsley if desired. Serve and enjoy!