Marinated Scallops, Shrimp And Lobster
|Sea scallops||1 Pound|
|Jumbo shrimp||1 Pound, shelled (leave last tail segment attached) and deveined (about 22)|
|Onion||1 Medium, sliced|
|White pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Whole lobster||2 Pound (live or cooked)|
|Crushed ice||8 Cup (128 tbs)|
|Parsley sprigs||3 (as needed)|
|Lemon juice||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Olive oil/Salad oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|White pepper||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Dried tarragon leaves||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), finely minced or crushed (medium)|
1) Day ahead: Take a 6- to 8-quart kettle and mix scallops, shrimp, onion, bay leaf, salt and pepper.
2) Add 1 lemon in thin slices to kettle, water to cover ingredients and bring to a boil.
3) Turn off heat, cover and let it sit for 5 minutes.
4) Using a slotted spoon, remove scallops and shrimp to large shallow dish.
5) If you use lobster then, add 4 quarts water to kettle and boil it. Put lobster in the water with tongs holding lobster by the body, claws away from you. Cover kettle and return to boiling. Simmer for 12 minutes on low heat.
6) Remove the lobster and place on its back on cutting board. Using scissors, split body in half lengthwise, cutting through the undershell.
7) Remove and discard dark vein and small sac 2 inches below the head.
8) Cut and discard undershell of lobster tail. With mallet or cracker, crack large claws to let excess moisture drain off and facilitate eating. Arrange lobster on its back in shallow dish with shrimp and scallops. Cool it.
9) Now make Lemon Marinade by combining all the ingredients and mixing then well.
10) Pour marinade in the shallow dish and cover tightly with plastic wrap or foil. Refrigerate overnight.
11) Next day, thread shrimp and scallops on skewers or long wooden picks. Detach large claws from body of lobster; cut tail into four sections.
12) Put them on a large rimmed serving platter with crushed ice. Reassemble lobster, shell side up, in center of platter, place shrimp and scallop skewers around it. Cut 2 lemons in wedges and garnish with parsley.