Yellow Squash and Shrimp Bisque
|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Green pepper||1 , chopped|
|Yellow squash||1 , sliced|
|Potato||1 , diced|
|Vegetable stock/Water||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Cayenne pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Peeled deveined medium shrimp||1⁄2 Pound (Use Raw)|
1) Onion, pepper, squash and potato are steamed in a soup kettle, with 2 cups of water.
2) When the vegetables are done, puree them in a food processor.
3) Put the puree back in the soup kettle and add the remaining water.
4) A dash of olive oil can be added, if desired
5) Halve the shrimps (if they are small, else slice them into three) and add them to the soup.
6) Simmer the contents and when the shrimp turns pink, it lets out a wonderful flavor into the soup.
7) Season the soup, as desired and serve it hot.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1054 Calories from Fat 295
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g55.3%
Saturated Fat 4.5 g22.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 580 mg193.3%
Sodium 5826.1 mg242.8%
Total Carbohydrates 130 g43.3%
Dietary Fiber 34.1 g136.5%
Sugars 49.9 g
Protein 65 g130.9%
Vitamin A 26.6% Vitamin C 315%
Calcium 30.1% Iron 31.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet