|For simmering liquid|
|White vinegar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Onion||2 , peeled and sliced|
|Black peppercorns||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Salt/Salt substitute||1 Teaspoon|
|Crushed red pepper flakes||1 1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Liquid red pepper seasoning||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Shrimp||1 Pound, peeled and deveined|
|Sweet red pepper||1⁄2 , seeded and chopped (for garnish)|
|Sweet yellow pepper||1⁄2 , seeded and chopped (for garnish)|
|Fresh coriander||1 Tablespoon (for garnish)|
1) Make the simmering liquid. For this, mix the vinegar, onion, cloves, peppercorns, sugar, salt (or salt substitute), red pepper flakes and liquid red pepper seasoning in a pan. Bring the mixture to boil on low heat for 10 minutes.
2) Put the shrimp to the simmering liquid.
3) Simmer on low heat for 2 minutes.
4) Take way the saucepan from heat and allow the shrimp to cool in the simmering liquid.
5) Put the shrimp along with the liquid into a glass bowl.
6) Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
7) Drain the simmering liquid before serving the shrimp.
8) The shrimp can be skewed with toothpicks.
9) Keep the shrimp in a serving plate and garnish with red and yellow peppers.
10) Sprinkle little coriander over the fish.
11) You can keep the simmering liquid reserved for refrigerating any leftover shrimp.