|Lime juice||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Lime rind||1 Teaspoon, grated|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Ginger root||2 Teaspoon, minced|
|Sesame oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Peppercorns||1 Tablespoon, coarsely cracked|
|Liquid honey||1 Tablespoon|
1. To prepare the shrimp
2. Using kitchen shears, cut each shrimp shell along back and devein, leaving shell and tail on shrimp.
3. Rinse in cold water and pat dry.
4. If using metal skewers grease them with fat.
5. Prepare grill with coals to medium heat.
6. In large bowl, combine lime juice and rind, garlic, ginger, sesame and vegetable oils, peppercorns and honey.
7. Add shrimp, stirring to coat well.
8. Cover with plastic wrap and marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes or refrigerate for up to 1 hour, turning shrimp occasionally.
9. Drain shrimp, reserving marinade, thread 1-1/2 inches (4 cm) apart onto greased metal or soaked wooden skewers.
10. Grill 4 inches (10 cm) from medium-hot coals or on medium-high setting or broil, brushing with reserved marinade, for 2 to 4 minutes per side until pink and firm to the touch.
11. Serve the shrimp spooning around cooked marinade juices on a serving dish and serve.