Barry makes popcorn shrimp / battered tempura prawns with an easy tangy dip.
60 Gram, sifted
Salt and pepper
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
1. In a bowl, place the egg white and whisk until stiff pick. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, add in the egg yolk and soda water. Whisk in flour into 3 batches and mix well.
3. Fold in the egg white gently.
4. Season with salt and pepper, dill and paprika. Mix well with a spoon.
5. In a deep fryer, pour in the sunflower oil and heat at 190 degrees C.
6. Dip the prawns into the batter and place into the fryer. Depp fry until light golden brown.
7. For Sauce – in a bowl, mix together honey, mayonnaise, horseradish and orange marmalade.