Honeyed Grilled Shrimp Skewers
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), diced|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|White distilled vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|White wine||2 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Medium shrimp||1 Pound, deveined|
|Red bell pepper||1⁄2 , chopped|
|Cremini mushroom||6 , sliced|
|Unsalted butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Honey||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Worcestershire sauce||2 Tablespoon|
1. In a bowl whisk together the garlic clove, olive oil, white distilled vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, white wine, and black pepper.
2. Add the shrimp, red bell pepper, and Cremini mushrooms.
3. Cover and place in the refrigerator for 1 hour. Place the skewers in cold water and set aside.
4. In a saucepan over low heat melt the butter and stir in the honey and Worcestershire sauce. After it is combined remove from the heat and allow to cool. Reserve a portion of the sauce for dipping and use the rest for basting.
5. If you are using a gas grill set the temperature to medium. If you are using a charcoal barbeque get the coals to the point that white ash is showing and the coals are glowing and are spread out in an even layer.
6. Take a skewer and thread red bell pepper, shrimp, bell pepper, shrimp and mushroom. Repeat.
7. Place on the grill and baste frequently with basting sauce.
8. Grill for 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
For more information please visit: http://www.simplefoodie.com