Shrimp and Broccoli Stir Fry with Peppers
|Reduced sodium soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Rice vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Corn starch||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Peeled deveined medium shrimp||3⁄4 Pound|
|Chicken stock||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Canola oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), finely chopped|
|Chopped ginger||1 Tablespoon|
|Celery stalk||1 , sliced diagonally|
|Broccoli florets||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Red pepper||1 , cut into 2-inch strips|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Trimmed snow peas||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. In a bowl, marinate shrimp in a tablespoon soy sauce, rice vinegar, ½ tablespoon corn starch for about 15 minutes.
2. Separately in another bowl, ass ¼ cup stock with remaining soy sauce, corn starch and sugar.
3. In a wok, heat 1 tablespoon oil, add marinated shrimps and stir fry until pink, remove from wok onto a plate.
4. In the same wok, add remaining oil, add garlic, ginger, cook and add celery, broccoli, peppers and further stir fry for about 2 minutes, add remaining stock, cover and cook for 3 minutes.
5. Add snow peas, cover and cook further for 2 minutes, until tender.
6. Add in the corn starch mix, stir and add the cooked shrimps and cook for another minute until thoroughly heated.
7. Serve hot.
Calories 1080 Calories from Fat 167
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g28.8%
Saturated Fat 1.6 g7.9%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 437.7 mg145.9%
Sodium 1901 mg79.2%
Total Carbohydrates 194 g64.7%
Dietary Fiber 4.3 g17.3%
Sugars 163.7 g
Protein 42 g83.8%
Vitamin A 164.4% Vitamin C 495%
Calcium 27.4% Iron 29.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet