Scampi on Skewers
|Shelled shrimp||1 Pound, deveined (16 Large Ones)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (1 Stick)|
|Parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Garlic/1 teaspoon garlic salt||6 Clove (30 gm), crushed|
|Hot pepper sauce||4 Drop|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. To prevent charring soak bamboo skewers in a pan of cold water for at least 15 minutes.
2. With a sharp knife, slit shrimp down back, almost in half and thread each lengthwise on a skewer.
3. In a small saucepan, melt butter, add rest of ingredients, slowly bring to boiling and then remove from heat.
4. Brush shrimp on all sides with butter mixture and refrigerate, covered, at least 1/2 hour.
5. Broil on hibachi or in broiler, 4 to 5 minutes.
6. Then turn and broil shrimp on other side 4 to 5 minutes.
7. Serve the Scampi on Skewers immediately after broiling.