Shrimp And Vegetables
|Raw shrimp||1 Pound, shelled and deveined|
|Soy sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Chopped ginger root||1 Teaspoon|
|Thinly sliced onions||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs), cut in 2 inch pieces|
|Green pepper||1 , julienned|
|Sliced water chestnuts||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Bean sprouts||2 Cup (32 tbs), drained|
|Chicken broth||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) In a bowl, mix together the shrimp, soy sauce, sherry, and ginger, let stand 15 minutes.
2) In a skillet het 2 tablespoon of oil and sautÃ© the onions, celery, and green pepper for 5 minutes.
3) Remove from skillet
4) In the same skillet heat the remaining oil and sautÃ© the shrimps for 3 minutes.
5) In a cup, mix together cornstarch and broth.
6) Add the sautÃ©ed vegetables and stir in the water chestnuts, bean sprouts and the cornstarch mixture.
7) Simmer for 5 minutes.
8) Taste for seasoning.
9) Serve hot with steamed rice.