Batter Fried Shrimp With Pineapple
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Beer||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Raw shrimp||1 Pound, shelled and deveined|
|Fat||2 Cup (32 tbs) (for deep frying)|
|Pineapple juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pineapple chunks||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) In a bowl, sift the flour, baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
2) Beat in the beer and egg in the sifted flour mixture.
3) Dip the shrimps in the batter, coating them well.
4) In a wok heat the fat to 370°F and fry the shrimps in until browned.
5) Drain the shrimps on the paper napkins and keep warm.
6) In a saucepan, mix the cornstarch, sugar, pineapple juice and remaining salt with the vinegar.
7) Cook the cornstarch mixture over low heat, stirring steadily, until thickened.
8) Arrange the shrimps and pineapples in a deep bowl dish and pour the sauce over.
Calories 453 Calories from Fat 128
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.8%
Saturated Fat 4 g19.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 234.3 mg78.1%
Sodium 1013.8 mg42.2%
Total Carbohydrates 49 g16.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.94 g3.8%
Sugars 18.7 g
Protein 28 g56.2%
Vitamin A 5.3% Vitamin C 38.3%
Calcium 16.9% Iron 26%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet