Stir Fry Chili Shrimp
|Olive oil/Vegetable oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Chili pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), seeded and thinly sliced (mild or hot)|
|Diced onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Diced red bell pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Medium shrimp||1⁄2 Pound, shelled and deveined|
|Chopped fresh cilantro/Chopped italian flat leaf parsley||2 Tablespoon (Chinese parsley)|
|Freshly squeezed lime juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Crushed red pepper||1 Dash|
|Hot cooked long grain rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Heat the oil in a 9-inch skillet and add the chilli pepper.
2) Cook over moderate heat, constantly stirring, till the chilli is tender. This takes about 30 seconds.
3) Add the bell pepper, onion and garlic and continue to cook and frequently stir till the vegetables are tender-crisp (another 1 minute).
4) Add the shrimp and cook, stirring frequently and quickly, till the shrimps turn pink. This takes about 2 more minutes.
5) Add the all the remaining ingredients, except for the rice, and stir well to combine. Cook till the flavors have blended together (1 minute of cooking).
6) On a serving platter, arrange the rice and top it with the hot shrimp mixture. Serve right away as a main dish.
Calories 149 Calories from Fat 35
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.1%
Saturated Fat 0.63 g3.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 86.2 mg28.7%
Sodium 122.3 mg5.1%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g5%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7.4%
Sugars 2.3 g
Protein 13 g26.8%
Vitamin A 26.1% Vitamin C 89.7%
Calcium 4.5% Iron 9.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet