|Thinly sliced onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Rice vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), sliced|
|Medium shrimp||1⁄2 Pound, shelled and deveined|
|Chopped italian flat leaf parsley||1 Tablespoon (fresh)|
|Olive oil/Vegetable oil||2 Teaspoon|
1) Combine together the vinegar, onion, lemon juice and garlic in a small saucepan. Mix well.
2) Cook the mixture over high heat till it comes to a boil.
3) Add the shrimp and stir well to combine. Continue to cook till the shrimp has turned pink in color (about 1 minute).
4) Take the pan off the heat and add the remaining ingredients. Stir well.
5) Allow the mixture to slightly cool.
6) Put the preparation in a non-aluminium container and refrigerate till chilled (at least 4 hours, or overnight).
7) Serve the Pickled Shrimp slightly chilled or at room temperature. Makes a good side dish.