Garlic Skewered Shrimp
|Garlic cloves||16 Large, 3 minced, 16 whole|
|Shrimp||2 Pound (1 kilogram, large / jumbo size prawns)|
|Olive oil||3 Fluid Ounce (1/3 cup / 80 milliliter)|
|Tomato sauce/Pureed tomatoes||2 Fluid Ounce (1/4 cup / 60 milliliter)|
|Red wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped fresh basil/1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil||2 Tablespoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Prepare a pan of boiled salted water and drop the whole garlic cloves into the hot water and blanch them for three minutes.
2. Peel the shrimps, de-vein and pat dry.
3. In another bowl, place the oil, tomato sauce, vinegar, basil, minced garlic, salt and cayenne pepper and mix well.
4. Add the shrimp to the bowl and mix well. Cover the bowl, and refrigerate for 30 minutes tossing once and twice.
5. Prepare a fire in the grill and place an oiled baking tray in the oven 4-6 inches away from the heat.
6. Remove the shrimp from the marinade and thread it on the skewers alternately with the garlic. The shrimp should be bent so that the top of the shrimp is touching the tail when it is being skewered.
7. Reserve the marinade and brush it over the shrimp and grill it for 6-8 minutes till the shrimp is pink through.
8. Serve hot.