Fried Shrimp And Ham
|Smoked ham||1⁄2 Pound (Virginia, Prosciutto)|
|Large raw shrimp||2 Pound, shelled and deveined|
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cornstarch||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||4 Tablespoon|
|Minced onion||3 Tablespoon|
|Minced garlic||1 Teaspoon|
|Fat||2 Cup (32 tbs) (for deep frying)|
1) Cut the ham in strips of about 1 inch wide and 3 inch long.
2) Wash and dry the shrimps.
3) Make 2 slits in each of the shrimps and thread a piece of ham through them.
4) In a bowl, sift the flour, cornstarch, salt and pepper.
5) Beat in the eggs, soy sauce, sherry, onion and garlic.
6) Dip the shrimp in the mixture, coating them well.
7) In a wok, heat the fat to 365°F and drop the shrimps in it one by one.
8) Fry until golden brown.
9) Serve hot with coconut chili dip and lemon wedge on side.
Calories 252 Calories from Fat 70
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12%
Saturated Fat 2.3 g11.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 200.5 mg66.8%
Sodium 1708.9 mg71.2%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g6.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.33 g1.3%
Sugars 0.6 g
Protein 25 g49.1%
Vitamin A 1.5% Vitamin C 0.33%
Calcium 3.3% Iron 5.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet