Fried Shrimp And Ham
|Smoked ham||1⁄2 Pound (Virginia, Prosciutto)|
|Large raw shrimp||2 Pound, shelled and deveined|
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cornstarch||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||4 Tablespoon|
|Minced onion||3 Tablespoon|
|Minced garlic||1 Teaspoon|
|Fat||2 Cup (32 tbs) (for deep frying)|
1) Cut the ham in strips of about 1 inch wide and 3 inch long.
2) Wash and dry the shrimps.
3) Make 2 slits in each of the shrimps and thread a piece of ham through them.
4) In a bowl, sift the flour, cornstarch, salt and pepper.
5) Beat in the eggs, soy sauce, sherry, onion and garlic.
6) Dip the shrimp in the mixture, coating them well.
7) In a wok, heat the fat to 365°F and drop the shrimps in it one by one.
8) Fry until golden brown.
9) Serve hot with coconut chili dip and lemon wedge on side.