|Fresh green chilies||2|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Bacon slices||1⁄2 Pound|
|Long grain rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chicken broth||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Shelled shrimp||1 Pound|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Grated parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon|
1) Peel and slice onions.
2) Seed and slice chilies.
3) Peel and crush garlic.
4) Chop bacon.
5) Heat a flameproof casserole.
6) Add bacon and fry until well browned.
7) Add the onions, chilies and garlic to the casserole.
8) Cook until onions are soft and transparent but not brown, stirring occasionally.
9) Add the rice and stir for 2-3 minutes until grains are coated with fat.
10) Add the tomatoes with their juice, salt and chicken broth.
11) Bring rapidly to a boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 12) 15 minutes on a very low heat.
13) Stir and add the shrimp.
14) Cover and cook for a further 5 minutes.
15) Turn mixture into warmed serving dish.
16) Sprinkle with parsley and cheese and serve the shrimp pilar immediately.